The main purpose of water softeners is to get rid of high levels of dissolved minerals like calcium, magnesium and iron in water. Using hard water leads to damaged plumbing systems, water appliances like washing machines and dishwashers, dry hair and skin, and even permanent stains on your clothes and dishes. Although the usual minerals present in hard water are magnesium and calcium, in cases where there are high levels of iron in your water, you get rusted pipes and appliances, and reddish-brown stains everywhere. This is why well water with iron would require extra treatment methods before your water is ideal for domestic use.
With this problem, most people try to figure out how to soften hard water, but this article provides you with the best water softeners that you can use for well water with iron. Investing in a water softener is a large but useful investment, which is why you have to purchase the right system so that you won’t end wasting your money and purchasing a low-quality system.
It is more advisable to purchase a water softening system that includes an inbuilt iron filter if you have high iron content in your water. Here are the best water softeners for well water with iron:
1.Fleck 5600SXT Water Softener
Highly durable and ideal for a family of seven and below, the Fleck 5600SXT is clearly made by one of the best manufacturers of water softeners, Fleck. If you have high levels of iron, calcium, manganese and even sulfur, this system will eradiate all of them and leave you with healthy and clean water.
- The system can filter hard water with 50 GPG of minerals.
- The system also features an attractive LCD Digital Display, making the water softening system much easier.
- This Fleck system also has the SXT control valve that comes with Fleck water softeners. This valve can be set to regenerate the system when it is needed, making it easier to maintain.
- To take care of the iron in your water, it features an inbuilt fine mesh resin that filters the iron out. It also takes care of the other minerals in the hard water.
- The Fleck Eradicator is also made with durable stainless steel, ensuring long lastingness with this system. It features an attractive 10-year warranty on the tanks and a 5-year warranty on the control head.
- Although this system has a flow rate of twelve gallons every minute, it is still ideal because it removes a large number of harmful minerals.
2. AFWFilters Digital Combination Water Softener Iron Filter
This AFWFilters water softener tales care of the iron and rotten egg smelling sulfur in your water, and has a great four-month money back guarantee, allowing you to test it out for a while. This 64,000 grain system has a high flow rate and is also great for large families.
- This Iron and Sulfur filter system includes a wonderful mesh-resin for filtering out iron from the water, alongside sulfur and manganese, thus providing you with clean water.
- It also has an automatic regeneration feature, depending on how many GPG you have imputed in the control head. The system would also filter out 64,000 particles before regeneration is needed.
- The system has an attractive flow rate of sixteen gallons every minute, and so you enjoy clean, soft water all the time.
3. ABCwaters Built Fleck 5600SXT Water Softener
You can also consider using the ABCwaters built Fleck 5600 SXT water softener which is great with removing iron and manganese from water. This system also features the Fleck SXT valve that includes an automatic regeneration cycle when depending on the grain capacity.
- The ABCwaters built Fleck 5600SXT system has a 64,000 grain capacity, which means that it removes that number of hard water grains before regeneration is necessary.
- This system is also very economical because it does not regenerate often. It is great for a family with up to six people, and so it is cost-effective.
- The system also provides thirteen gallons of clean and soft water per minute, keeping you supplied with water all the time.
- For easy installation, this system comes with a free installation kit and so you do not have to spend extra money on installation.
4. Home Master HMF3DGFEC 3-Stage Whole House Water Filter
This system uses a three-stage process to get rid of iron, manganese and sulfur in your well water. It is an efficient system, and because of its three-stage process, it is able to soften and purify up to 95,000 gallons of water. This system is great for a family with about four people, and it also removes bad tastes and smells from water.
- The Home Master has a high flow rate and can give out up to fifteen gallons of water every minute.
- It also features a sediment filter that prevents dirt from getting into the water. The filter is also easy and cheap to replace.
- This water softener can remove up to 95% of iron, sulfur, manganese and even bad odors and tastes from your water. It is very thorough in its process. It also removes herbicides and pesticides that might be present in the water.
- This 3-stage system does not affect your water pressure in any way. It also doesn’t require a lot of maintenance, and it is easy to clean.
- Basically, this water softening system is cost-effective.
5.Morton System Saver Water Softener
If you want to reduce how much water and salt that is wasted in a water softener, then the Morton System is an ideal choice. This compact-sized system can get rid of calcium, manganese and iron as long as you put in the right amount of salt.
- This water softener includes technology that is able to take note of the amount of water that you use and then plan a regeneration cycle to mirror your pattern. This makes maintenance very easy.
- It also has a built-in bypass valve that provides water even during regeneration.
- To get the best results, you would have to make an additional purchase of the Morton Rust Remover to improve the efficiency.
- This system is environmentally friendly because it saves water.